The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction download free eBook
The Linux Command Line takes you from your very first terminal
keystrokes to writing full programs in Bash, the most popular Linux
shell. Along the way you’ll learn the timeless skills handed down by
generations of gray-bearded, mouse-shunning gurus: file navigation,
environment configuration, command chaining, pattern matching with
regular expressions, and more.
In addition to that practical
knowledge, author William Shotts reveals the philosophy behind these
tools and the rich heritage that your desktop Linux machine has
inherited from Unix supercomputers of yore.
As you make your way through the book’s short, easily-digestible chapters, you’ll learn how to:
- Create and delete files, directories, and symlinks
- Administer your system, including networking, package installation, and process management
- Use standard input and output, redirection, and pipelines
- Edit files with Vi, the world’s most popular text editor
- Write shell scripts to automate common or boring tasks
- Slice and dice text files with cut, paste, grep, patch, and sed
Once you overcome your initial “shell shock,” you’ll find that the command
line is a natural and expressive way to communicate with your computer.
Just don’t be surprised if your mouse starts to gather dust.
[su_button url=”http://sh.st/KLXjx” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#6c648b” color=”#ffffff” size=”12″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: cloud-download”]Download eBook Now![/su_button]
Please Take Some Time To Share this E-book or Like Our FB Page for more Updates
Report Any Broken Download Links in Comments and We will fix it for You.